Engagement Rings 💍 A Contest + Enjoyable Details
Completely satisfied Friday, y’all!
Listed below are some enjoyable info about engagement ring bling to take your thoughts off of this yo-yo inventory market! However first, let’s have somewhat Budgets Are Attractive competitors …
Do you suppose you can win one in all these engagement ring classes in case you’re stacked up in opposition to different Budgets readers? Needless to say the typical engagement ring value was $5k (WOAH) this yr, and the outdated advertising and marketing adage is that it is best to spend two months’ wage on — what else? — the most important diamond you possibly can afford. (Be at liberty to share your opinion about both of these issues within the feedback …)
OK, on to the competition:
- Most Frugal Engagement Ring or Wedding ceremony Band: What’s the bottom value somebody (both you or your accomplice) paid for an engagement ring? Have to be higher than $0.01 — can’t be a gifted or stolen ring. If it’s home made, what have been the supplies, prices, and many others.?
- Most Costly Engagement Ring / Wedding ceremony Ring: Don’t fear, no shaming right here (and if you wish to stay nameless, that’s cool!). Shoot me the $ quantity and a photograph of that multiple-carat sucker! And I’m curious … does it get worn round in all places, or does it principally keep in a jewellery field?
- The *Oldest* Engagement Ring. Do you’ve got a household heirloom? Did you rating an vintage gemstone from some other place? A diamond is endlessly, apparently … Is anybody rocking a diamond ring from the 19th century … or earlier?!
- Funniest Engagement Story: Did you screw up or embarrass your self? And did your accomplice nonetheless say sure? (I might have requested for the *cheesiest* engagement story, however I’d win that one by default with my “ring on the backside of champagne glass” proposal . Not my most interesting second, however my spouse mentioned sure, which is all that issues!)
OK, you’ve got 4 classes to enter. If you wish to play, drop a remark on this weblog publish (or reply to this electronic mail). The winners will get a home made reward from yours really (it’s not constructed from cubic zirconia I promise!), plus some critical bragging rights. Bulletins to be made quickly — and I’ll share my sappy ring story then, too.
A couple of enjoyable engagement ring info I discovered whereas googling round …
- Elizabeth Taylor holds the world document for having the costliest engagement ring … It offered for a whopping $8.Eight million 10 years in the past after she handed away. She used this similar ring at two of her eight weddings. Sure, EIGHT weddings.
- In 2016, an Aussie billionaire gave Mariah Carey a customized engagement ring with an insanely big heart stone. The entire thing was apparently value a cool $10 mil … However, they known as off the marriage lower than a yr later, and the ring was offered to an LA jeweler for solely $2.1 million.
- In 1951, Warren Buffett spent 6% of his internet value on an engagement ring for his bride. In fact, that 6% wasn’t quite a bit again then as a result of he was solely 21 and this was nicely earlier than he made his huge fortune.
- However in 1993, Invoice Gates flew to Omaha to go to his pal Warren. They went engagement ring buying (Invoice was planning to suggest to Melinda on the time). Whereas they have been buying, Warren tried to influence Invoice to additionally spend 6% of his internet value on a hoop … however Invoice declined as a result of he was the richest man on the planet on the time and 6% would have been about $370 million! (Would you spend 6% of your internet value on a hoop?)
- Have you learnt why most individuals put on marriage ceremony rings on the fourth finger of their left hand (the “ring finger”)? As a result of that’s the place historic Egyptians believed the ‘vein of affection’ was situated, and that finger is instantly linked to the center →. How romantic.
- Word to all you single of us on the market: When you’re attempting to select somebody up in Greece, Russia, Germany or India, be sure you test the individual’s *proper hand* for a hoop, not the left. As a result of that’s the place marriage ceremony rings are extra generally worn in these locations. You don’t need to unintentionally hit on somebody who’s spoken for!
- Suppose you’re too outdated to get married? Suppose once more. George and Doreen Kirby from the UK bought hitched on George’s 103rd birthday. Doreen was 91 on the time. He proposed on Valentine’s Day and tells the story: “I didn’t get down on one knee, as a result of I don’t suppose I might have been capable of get again up!”
- Did you’ve got a protracted engagement? Effectively, a poor girl named Adriana Martinez holds the world document for longest engagement. She was engaged to her man for 67 YEARS earlier than they bought married! Virtually seven many years of chilly toes 🙁
- The biggest diamond ever discovered (on Earth) was in 1905 in South Africa. This factor was 3,106 carats and weighed 1.Three kilos! It was given to King Edward VII as a gift for his 66th birthday. Some bday reward!
- In 2004, astronomers found a planet within the Milky Approach they name “55 Cantri e.” It’s made principally of dense carbon, and so they consider it’s about 1/third pure diamond! That’s like 1,000,000 gazillion carats.
And lastly ….
- Do you know that the singer Neil Diamond was known as Neil Coal till the strain bought to him? I do know, it’s a lame dad joke … I simply threw it in for individuals who miss J$ and his crappy jokes. Miss you, J!
Obtained a hoop story to share? Frugal ideas? Costly errors? Suppose you possibly can win one in all our competitors classes? Let’s hear it!
*Pic up high by Claudia!